There is something to this less is more theory I have been talking about for years. Traveling with less is fantastic; the opposite of what you might have been led to believe. Things like:
· I might not have enough
· This outfit is so cute, oh and this one and this…I must pack them all
· It might be too hot, too cold, too…
· Someone will know I wore the same jeans or shoes or...
Stop the craziness. Break free from what is holding you back and causing the pain in the packing process.
· Anxiety & Worry
· Over packing
· Under packing
· Fear of being judged or not accepted
I am here to tell you that it is very freeing and liberating to give yourself permission to let go. Stop all the fuss. Let go of comparing yourself. Let go of the fears of not being good enough. Stop worrying.
This, coming from the girl that used to bring a carry-on with jewelry only. Yes, that is right. It was for a cruise…or was it the Mayan Riviera. Anyway, between my girlfriend and I we had a full 9x14x22” standard size piece of luggage full of jewelry. It wasn’t long and many gals from our group on the incentive trip got wind of this and came to our room to borrow pieces. It was fun.
Okay fun. But there comes a time when you need to decide you don’t have to pack for everyone else on the cruise ship. And you don’t have to pack as if you are going on 3 trips.
And sweat happens. So what. Plan for it. Get a clinic grade deodorant and dress shields and quit worrying about it. (Big breakthrough for me!)
Oh, and by the way…I don’t come from a place of uber organized either. I was not born with that gene. (That was my older sister.) That’s why I love to bring my expertise to the table. Because I know that the struggle is real. I know and yet I have come out on top. And I want the same for you.
3 Breezy Travel Tips Just for You
1. Make the decision. Just decide here and now you will allow yourself to bring only a carry-on for your next trip. Things happen when we get rid of the wishy-washy. Commit to it and…
2. Make a plan. Evaluate the itinerary and map out the days of travel. Check extended forecast. This will help in determining the pieces of clothing and type. There is quite a difference in choices between business casual and a hiking trip.
3. Pick a core…
- Color for base pieces of clothing, shoes, and jewelry
- Accent color for accessories
It’s time to focus on the destination which is the reason we travel in the first place. Find joy in the journey to get there; easily and gracefully.
Question: What is your biggest struggle when you pack?